I’ve learnt to avoid drinking or eating anything iced over the years. You name it, ice cream, iced water, ice cubes; even cold air when sleeping of a night (I sleep with my mouth open when I have a cold – oh how attractive I must look!) affects my teeth.
Sensodyne True White means, I no longer have to:
- Eat ice cream out of a cone with my lips over my teeth or opt for a cup and spoon option, being careful to avoid my front teeth.
- Use a straw to sip on iced drinks. Otherwise, guzzling coconut water with ice cubes usually results in my pug-like face, once again. Not pretty!
- I always drink tepid water. Even during the summer months, tap water or bottle water (unrefrigerated) is always my go-to beverage post-workout.
- Even when I have a cold and there’s no hope in ever breathing in through my nostrils when I sleep, I resort to my mouth falling open. Even then, I can’t sleep properly because of the cool air hitting my front teeth
Although having sensitive teeth is the norm for me, there is a product on the market that really helps me with all of the above. And I can’t thank enough the brainy tooth researchers at Sensodyne for creating Sensodyne True White. Who knew, I could have had pug-like face for the rest of my life or just been that really annoying girl at a restaurant who can’t eat anything (at least I’m not the no sugar and gluten girl).
Here are two recipes that I’ve begun to LOVE agaiN
1. Iced Coconut And Cherry Frappe
Simple and refreshing, this iced coconut frappe recipe is my go-to healthy sweet treat in summer. Full of electrolytes, it also helps reduce dehydration and fuels my body post-workout.
2 x cups of ice cubes
2 x coconuts of water
1 x cup of Cherry flesh
1/4 cup of coconut cream
Add into a blender and mix. Voila! A healthy coconut frappe that I can drink without a straw.
2. Banana ice cram
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! And this super simple recipe is not only super tasty, but also healthy.
I usually save this treat for post-workout or when I’m craving something sweet. Why? Bananas are jam-packed with potassium, which can help with my dreaded calf cramps that often disturb my workouts. Plus, they’re a rich source of carbohydrates, making me feel fuller for longer.
Freeze a bunch of very ripe bananas overnight. Make sure they’re almost bruise worthy, as this makes the ice cream tastier.
The next day, grab them out of the freezer, chop them up and place in blender or food processor with Chia Seeds (I love Chia Seeds) If I’m feeling extra naughty I may add a dollop of natural almond butter to serve – delish!
Whatever I don’t eat, I just place back in the freezer for the next day 🙂